Safety Data Analyst
Boyd, Caton & Grant (BCG) Transportation Group is seeking a Safety Data Analyst to join its Charlottesville office (or telecommute). The successful applicant will have the following responsibilities:
- provide in-depth safety data analysis for the generation of trends, including for safety performance indicators, safety performance targets and data driven incentives to advise and assist BCG management and BCG clients in ongoing safety and risk management and continuous improvements in safety processes;
- conduct in-depth analysis of safety data to make recommendations for change to safety performance indicators and safety performance targets;
- utilize trend information so that BCG management and BCG clients can review and adjust their safety and risk management processes;
- research and analyze reactive investigations, audits and safety concerns to identify issues and provide scientific and mathematical support for the formulation of response/recommendation programs;
- develop a feedback process to provide a measurable indicator of success and overall impact, thereby ensuring an effective and efficient reduction in related risk;
- liaise with safety managers at the state and agency level to ensure safety dashboards and other analytical productions provide relevant risk-based information;
- advise managers on the suitability of risk assessment tools for conducting the varied risk assessments linked to reported issues, provide assistance, guidance and/or conduct the risk assessment process in liaison with the subject matter experts; and
- undertake the required liaison and technical processes to ensure that the safety data systems can extract and use required information from other company and external data/IT systems.
Requirements: energetic, self-starter, college degree, MS Office fluency, strong written and oral communication skills, competency in statistical and mathematical modeling techniques.
Preferred qualifications: proven experience as an analyst working with large data sets, preferably within the transit industry, and experience in data manipulation, process consultation, project management and problem-solving. Certificate of training or equivalent certificate in SMS would be advantageous.
This is a full-time, salaried position with health and dental insurance, vacation and sick pay, and matching retirement IRA option. If interested and you meet the above requirements, please send resume and cover letter to employment AT bcgtrans DOT com.